About Me:
Hello everyone, and welcome to Future Front! My name is Pravat K Mishra, and I am a doctoral student interested in Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI). XAI is crucial in enhancing cybersecurity by improving the detection and response to zero-day exploits (Patil, Varadarajan et al. 2022). Furthermore, I am fascinated by how emerging technologies are shaping our world. This blog serves as an extension of my learning experience in the course on Futuring and Innovation.
I possess over twenty years of experience in the software industry, having collaborated with notable organizations such as Satyam Computers, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Prudential, and Dish Network. Throughout my career, I have developed substantial expertise in operations, Java development, user interface design and development, backend API development, security scanning, and solution architecture. I have also acquired proficiency in safeguarding APIs utilizing tools such as Apigee and F5. I am currently a Technical Lead and Architect at Dish Network. Throughout my career, I have led several transformative projects, including automating deployment processes, migrating structured applications to Spring microservices, and transitioning from the Jenkins pipeline to the AWS cloud pipeline. I have also been involved in various initiatives, such as developing a database utility tool and an Apigee migration tool, which demonstrate my technical versatility.
While at DISH Network's enterprise services, I implemented sophisticated observability solutions and managed critical performance metrics for Dish's video streaming platform. In addition to my professional responsibilities, I have pursued cloud computing to obtain AWS certification. However, my true passion lies in cybersecurity research. This realization has prompted me to shift my focus from cloud computing to cybersecurity, a field to which I am deeply committed.
About My Class and Course: My Journey Through Futuring and Innovation:
Through this platform, I intend to share my thoughts, ideas, and reflections on transformative explorations in innovation—from AI and cybersecurity to digital health, sustainability, and beyond. This class has inspired me to look beyond the present and contemplate the potential futures that await us. I am eager to use this blog as a living archive for insights, discussions, and forward-thinking explorations. Whether I am delving into the ethical implications of artificial intelligence or envisioning a future in which healthcare is delivered through digital twins, this space will serve as my playground for innovation and wonder. Thank you for joining me on this journey. The concepts presented here challenge thought and foster debate, potentially inspiring you on your path forward.
One innovation that may not be feasible today but is likely to materialize within the next 15 to 20 years is an AI-powered predictive cyber defense ecosystem. This system is envisioned to leverage artificial intelligence, behavioral analytics, and quantum computing to foresee and neutralize cyberattacks before they occur rather than merely reacting after a breach. In contrast to current solutions that rely heavily on signatures and human configuration, this technology would operate autonomously, learning from global information, adapting to emerging threat vectors, and coordinating defense operations across interconnected infrastructures (Umar and Abbas 2022).
Imagine an intelligent ecosystem capable of detecting unusual patterns in a nation's digital traffic, correlating these with global threat intelligence, and automatically deploying countermeasures within seconds—before any malicious code can execute. While foundational work is being undertaken through AI-driven security information and event management systems and machine learning for threat detection, today's systems still fall short of achieving genuine autonomous forecasting of novel attacks (Taddeo, McCutcheon et al. 2019).
About the Blog:
This blog is created as part of an individual project, and I would be updating this blog as I learn through the different courses of the Futuring and Innovation.
References:
Patil, S., et al. (2022). "Explainable artificial intelligence for intrusion detection system." Electronics 11(19): 3079.
Taddeo, M., et al. (2019). "Trusting artificial intelligence in cybersecurity is a double-edged sword." Nature machine intelligence 1(12): 557-560.
Umar, H. and A. Abbas (2022). "AI-Powered Threat Intelligence: Enhancing Cybersecurity with Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning."
Comments
Post a Comment